Friday, August 3, 2012

Rebirth.....


Exactly two months ago, there was a Plane crash in Nigeria. The ill-fated Dana crash. I lost a friend/colleague. He was one of the awesome guys I was blessed to know. We always talked about following our dreams and taking risks. We bitched a lot about our paid employment and a few days before the crash, he made a great move towards following his dreams. I was ecstatic for him. We discussed it and then he died.

His death made me realize how badly I want to live my life in the happiest and most fulfilling way to me. I don't want to have any regrets when I look back. So many times, I have spoken about my career and how much I love my job, the traveling, and generally doing what I love. However I am bored. I need more, I want more, I must have more. Hence my decision in the last post.

The future looks so scary but exciting. I have a few gigs lined up, I have more time to focus on Style Rebirth and I get to pursue other passions, one of which is Boudoir Photography. I love Lingerie, and I love photography and I love taking soft glamourous pictures of myself in Lingerie. I think every lady needs to experience it. It made me love and appreciate my imperfect body more.
The entrepreneur and passionate spirit in me, decided to explore it and set up a service for women who are interested. I am yet to kick it off, still have a few more weeks to ensure it sails smoothly but I am so excited. I get to explore my passion further. Also I start a new gig in 3 weeks, totally different from where I am coming from and a higher set of responsibilities *shivers* but I get to work my own hours and shape how the company will turn out.

So many changes are going on in my life, most of which are scary and unexplored territories. I confess, I AM SCARED SHITLESS! I have received so many words of encouragement from my amazing support system- My family and friends and this period of my life reinforces that I have the best people around me. I love the people I call friends and I tend to fall in love in the friendship department very easily. It is a blessing and a curse because I am friends with the 'most awesomest' people in the world but I have been burned by a few others along the way. So the realization that through it all, I have these people who believe so much in me and have helped in so many ways is overwhelming. I am humbled.

With all these going on, I came across a personal transformation challenge I believe I need to do. It's called '31 Days to Reset Your Life: A Practical Guide to Personal Transformation'. Available here
Depending on how much time I have to blog, I will try to update my progress.

I am at this new chapter that still feels oh! so foreign... the 30s are approaching and new dreams are being built. If I survive the next one year, it means I am built for whatever life throws at me.


3 comments:

  1. I just fell in love with you after this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe that life is about living fully ones dreams. All the best in all that you aspire to be

    ReplyDelete

I love reading from my readers :)