Sunday, March 18, 2012
What would you say?
MissJia asked a question earlier this evening on twitter. It read "QOTD to my older tweeters (28ish +): if u could talk to your 18-21 year old self, what advice would you offer...based on what you know now?"
It was thought provoking and after I replied her, I rephrased the question to my friends by extending the age to 18-25yr old self via emails and bbms and it generated a lot of interesting discussions.
One thing was common to us all, we would have made better decisions and choices relationship wise, career and personality if we knew then, what we know now.
If I could go back in time, Here are some major advice I will give my 18-25yr old self.
Dear 18-25 year old girl,
1. Focus on what matters and not care what other people say or think because at the end of the day, it's all about you.
2. Choose your friends wisely, not everyone has your best interest at heart so appreciate your old friends, be wary of new friends with questionable intentions and guard your heart closely.
3. Start saving. No matter what, always save at least 20% of your income. You will understand someday.
4. Under no circumstance should you move across continents for a man, yes it looks promising, yes it looks like fate, but do not do it.
5. When the chips are down, when the skies are gray, when everything looks bleak and you feel like giving up, God, Family and your close friends will always be there to pull you through. You will go through a lot of hard times, don't think about suicide because that period will surely pass and you will come out with an unbelievable strength. No matter what, you will be fine.
What would you tell your 18-25 year old self if you could go back in time?