Friday, June 24, 2011

Womanifesto



I love music and i think it's one of the things in life that we can never know everything about it. Everyday i discover new music and i have some awesome music heads as friends but that's not the point of this post. Music really does make everything better.

Jill Scott!!!! Can y'all believe? She lost an amazing 50Lbs and reading her story, it was so believable she did it with exercising and healthy food....i hope the joke is not on us Jill. Also, she released her album this week "The Light of the Sun".... do buy it and listen, it's really good.

I am particularly fascinated with the track "Womanifesto".... It is a poem and she performed it at the White house amongst other poems of hers during the poetry night over a month ago, in which Common was also invited. Jill painted the White House not just black but pink. It was beautiful





I have listened to it everyday since it came out and it sorts of motivates me because i think i can relate to parts of it.

So in light of this, i'm about to get my Jill Scott on, which in my dictionary means about to lose a whole lot of weight. Found a personal trainer here and we have come up with a plan. It's going to be tough, frustrating, stressful but eventually worth it. I start on the 2nd of July

Have a great weekend

4 comments:

  1. Fab post, darling!
    Good luck with the trainer!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Operation SKINNY B!!!!!! lehhgooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a personal trainer too, :) my percentage Fat had dropped significantly, am so happy, its crazy hard work though.
    High5
    i love the poem, Downloaded it already

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, get that Jill Scott on and let's have a Womanifesto!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading from my readers :)