Friday, June 10, 2011

My Happy Place


If you knew me in my other blog, you may have read sometimes how i'd been struggling with my identity, myself and my emotions.

See i am an emotional person, very edgy and my mood swings are epic. The last one year has been a roller coaster emotionally and gradually i have been trying to work through it, sometimes with help from friends with good or bad intentions.

This week i had long phone conversations with two close friends at different times, somehow it made me reflect differently about my life and the changes i have made. I have really grown. I cut out a few people from my life and i must say it's been really great. More things are coming to light now and different areas i didn't know where the betrayal were from are becoming apparent. I am glad i took some steps.

I am closed off emotionally, i know this and i have been living in denial but a few weeks ago, i decided to be honest with myself and deal with it. I am glad i did because i am on a one way ticket to my happiness. I just arrived at my happy place and i decided to blog about it.

Yes, i am really happy with myself and Life has never been more exciting because for the first time in a long while, i am doing things i love, living according to my will, not bothered about pleasing anyone and also surrounded with a few beautiful and loyal friends who i know have my best interest at heart. As we all know, life is hard enough without negative people and situations.

All i am trying to say can be summarized in one sentence:
"We determine our own happiness"

I leave you with one of my favourite Nigerian songs right now. I am not in love with anyone at the moment, but i am happy because i love the concept of Love and songs like this make me happy....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, darling!
    That quote is fantastic!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is where you moved to? Thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are happy boo! Ain't nothing better!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading from my readers :)