Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Bag Meme

Lohi of Lohi's Creations decided that it was a really great idea to tag me in the bag meme….how did she ever come to that conclusion?

Gosh I am not a bag lady o! I can count the number of handbags I have and….wait for it..... i never carry them! My friend Arewa has been telling me to invest in a classic handbag this summer, I almost shelved over a grand USD to buy one beautiful Prada leather but my Besto killed the zeal….he says oh it’s so last year( what do guys know sef)so you see, I have no eyes for handbags. Not my fault, with my kind of Job, I rarely have a need to carry a bag....

Seeing that I have no choice but to oblige and bore you guys with the contents of my everyday bag, here we go

THE RULES
1. Take a picture of your bag.
2. Take a picture of its contents.
3. Explain!
4. Tag as many bloggers as you want, that you'd like to see the contents of their bags.

The Bag



I am an IT consultant so a handbag can not fit in all my junk and a back pack is so much comfortable. This girly pink backpack was a gift from my Kryptonite friend. I randomly tweeted one day that i needed a new backpack for work and surprise! it was sent to me.....our love and hate relationship sometimes has its benefits....








(APOLOGIES FOR THE PICTURES.....IT DEFIED ALL ROTATION LAWS)

My Pink covered White iPad 2

I was not a fan of the iPad when the first one was released so i didn't bother getting one. Then one day, i was with my friend Uncle Segz at Bungalows eating dinner and i got to play with his iPad through out the evening, i decided to get one that night.....Thankfully, they announced that an iPad 2 will be out soon so i waited. I got it my birthday week....best present ever and i am so much in love with it. I do practically everything on it. The Flipboard and the Kindle are my fave apps at the moment. All my favourite websites and books in one device.....Bliss.

My Office Laptop
Always in my backpack because i don't know when i have to whip it out (that sounded so wrong) to work. I am a workaholic..... #don'tJudge

External Hard drive
My greatest fear is losing data, both work and personal. I am currently on a project and if i lose my data, i may as well jump into river hudson.... #notThatSeriousTho. I coerced my besto (i did not come up with that title, smh! things we do for friends) to get me this particular blue 500GB hard drive. It was sold out in many sites but i made sure he got this exact one *evil grin* I like torturing my friends.... whatever I want, I get.... If this disk goes missing, i better go missing too

My RayBan Glasses
I am short sighted so i wear glasses whenever i am working in front of a computer. I don't wear it every minute though, only when watching tv or working on my laptop. I need laser surgery, who wants to pay?

iPod Touch

I can't work without music and seeing that i spend at least 12hrs of my day at work, i need my fix. There are some songs on my iTouch that are not on my laptop or the iPad so the 3 always have to be combined

Client Badge
I need a badge to get in to my client's office


Wallet from Accessorize

My best friend gave me 5 years ago and it's still as useful as ever

Hand Sanitizer from Bath and Body works

I don't like germs.... :) oh and they were really cheap last Black friday so i bought over a dozen....who wants one?

Boots No 7 body mist

Ever since i discovered this product in 2006, i have never run out. It's so refreshing and smells great.

Ibrupofen
I take a lot of painkillers, else i would have been jailed for murdering someone at work....#iKid #Imserious

Clinique powder: Perfectly real shade 146

I love this powder. They stopped making it in the UK because it wasn't selling (all you black people living in UK, Y U NO like Clinique) so i can only get it in the US. I have 4 new ones so no chance of running out for at least one year

Nivea lipbalm and lipgloss

I hate dry lips and i rarely wear make up except i am going out, then again, my definition of make up is my clinique powder, my mac skin tone eyeshadow and lip gloss, lately i have been using Mac's Ruby Woo just to feel among...hehehehe. I left my rose vaseline lips in lagos so i had to buy Nivea here

Post it notes


You never know when you need to leave someone a note. I actually use them as reminders. You don't want to visit my workspace.....

Wrigleys mint gum
Habit...

TailComb
Why do they call it a tail comb?

Earrings


How did those get in there? Been looking for them

A pen
I don't want to be one of those people who go to banks without pens #noShots

A book

I always have to read a book. I can't bring out my iPad every time. I am currently reading this one and it's really good.

FemFresh wipes
Need i explain these?

Power Cable, iPod/iPad cable, BB USB

Devices need to be powered.

Blackberry Touch

I really need a new phone. Got this last year august and i think it's exhausted its lifespan. Oh you can't see it in the pictures as i used the crappy phone camera. Hold up! where is my camera?


So now that my 5 minutes of shame is over, i want to tag everyone that reads this post....go on, empty your bags...

The June edition of Sistaz Mag is out today.... head here to read
A new website was launched today for all Africans in Diaspora. It's called Diasporan Darlings Please let's support them.

Lastly, Sexy et Fabuleux turns 1 this month. There are exciting giveaways from those 2 sites i just recommended..... hurry!!!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! sigh..I wont talk again! I like the contents! Please go and buy a bag! real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contents of your bag are a mix of girly and tomboyish...I like the subtle touches of pink here and there...Your purse is cute, it certainly doesn't look 5 years old...and the book - "The Monk who sold his *what*?

    I know a back pack is probably more convinient in your line of work, but you can get a very big (and super cute) ladies hand or business bag to do the job equally well...

    Have a lovely weekend Rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ lohi: waiting for the bag from you....hehehe

    @ Anoda ohase: The monk who sold his ferrari. Yea i think i may eventually be a lady and get a big handbag.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...I can't believe that's your bag! How cute! hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love reading from my readers :)